Introducing Second: a framework for mostly-static React applications5 Aug 2017 • 6 minute read
- Second is a framework for building React applications where the data is fetched on the server and most of the components do not change after the first render.
- Components can declare their data dependencies using a container similar to Facebook’s Relay.
- By default components are only rendered on the server; client-side rendering is opt-in by using the component dehydrator.
- Second works with any React-like library including Preact.
Why build this framework?
Second is not a large or complex framework. It is the result of combining several simple and well-tested techniques—
- Server-side rendering
- Container components for declarative data requirements
- Selective client-side rendering
—and combining them into a single package that can be easily reused across multiple applications.(Read more)